October is National Women’s Small Business Month and Eighth Day Design (EDD) is proud to be a women-owned small business since 1989! We believe it is important to support other women-owned businesses, so we are joining Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC)’s #BuyWomenOwned campaign. We encourage you to make a commitment to take one everyday essential and consciously choose a women-owned brand instead.
WBENC is the largest certifier of women-owned businesses in the U.S. and a leading advocate for women entrepreneurs. EDD has been WBENC certified for 20+ years and continues to advocate for diversity and equity.
Here are some insights into women-owned businesses:
- As of 2018, there are 12.3 million women-owned businesses in the U.S. compared to 1972, when there were only 402,000 women-owned businesses, representing 4.6% of all firms (WBENC)
- Women-owned businesses employ almost 9.4 million people as of 2019 (National Women’s Business Council)
- And they generated $1.9 trillion in revenue for the U.S. economy in 2019 (American Express)
- Women are slightly more likely to start a business than men (WBENC)
- Women-owned firms received only 4.75% of federal contracts in 2018 (National Women’s Business Council)
- Women are significantly more likely to launch businesses within the healthcare (10%) or education sectors (9%) than men (5% in both cases). In contrast, men are significantly more likely to start businesses in the construction and manufacturing industries (12%) than women (4%) (WBENC)
If you would like to learn more about how EDD can help your business, please contact us here.
Suggested Content For You
Eighth Day Design (EDD) is proud to share that we are expanding our Digital Facilities partnerships and have recently partnered with IWMS platform...
| Happy Holidays and Happy New Year! | Eighth Day Design is truly grateful for the opportunity to continue to serve our clients and cannot thank you...
| Happy Retirement! | This June, Eighth Day Design is proud and excited to announce the retirement of three of our dedicated employees,...